Terms & Conditions
King Tours Scotland will honor a full refund when notice is given more than 6 weeks prior to travel but we ask that our clients cover any commission charges we incurred from PayPal or bank transfers. Where notification of cancellation has been received by King Tours Scotland less than six weeks prior to commencement of a tour or service the following schedule of refunds will apply:
- 41-28 days before start- 75% of balance
- 27-14 days before start-50% of balance
- 13-0 days before start-NIL
Where exceptional circumstances so warrant the management of King Tours Scotland reserves the right (in its absolute discretion) to cancel tours or services. In such cases clients will be promptly informed and offered a full refund.
Risks and Insurance
Clients (customers) must have appropriate and adequate insurance (with a reputable insurer) to cover death, personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, loss of or damage to luggage and contents of same and expenses associated with cancellation or curtailment of a tour.
Each client is responsible for loss of or damage to baggage or personal possessions or consequential loss arising there from.
In the event of client illness, then the relevant client must accept responsibility for any medical costs incurred and King Tours Scotland shall not be liable to refund any part of the tour cost.
It is incumbent on each client to ensure that insurance cover held is both current and adequate for the particular needs of such client and/or group for which such client is responsible. All visitors from overseas must have insurance to cover accident and repatriation.
Health and Safety
- The group must at all times abide by the directions of the Tour Guide or Tour Director.
- The Guide/Company must be notified in advance of clients’ which are suffering from any medical condition or are taking medication which is likely to interfere with their mobility and/or ability to fully participate in the agreed tour program.
- Clients whose fitness level or medical condition is not considered by the Company/Guide to be appropriate for certain activities may be asked to make alternative arrangements. In such cases compensation will not be offered by the Company.
- Clients should be aware that weather conditions in Scotland can be severe and hence MUST be properly equipped.
- King Tours Scotland reserves the right to terminate a tour if, in the reasonable opinion of the company the behavior of a client or client group is or is likely to be disruptive, dangerous or upsetting to other people or if such client or group have caused or are likely to cause damage to property. King Tours Scotland will not pay any refund or costs incurred by a client in the event that a tour is terminated due to unacceptable behavior.
Whenever possible, clients (customers) should promptly bring a complaint to attention of the Guide/Company.
Clients wishing to lodge a complaint after the trip or tour should write to the company within 28 days of the tour end providing full details. The Company will endeavor to resolve such complaint in an amicable manner as expeditiously as possible.
We provide a private tour service which is exclusive to your group only. We do not add other groups to your tour, nor do we accept bookings for individuals joining together to make up numbers.
Our tours are not designed for split groups and your booking may be cancelled if we suspect this is the case.